Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Brain. Is. Full.

Recently, I've been talking to a couple of friends about how my brain capacity for taking in new music has officially been depleted. I have no interest in hearing new bands, new music. Amazingly, I am still often listening to playlists I made a year or two ago on my ipod. I find that usually when I need a break, I'll revisit music I loved 5-8 years ago. And after listening to it again, I always find a new way to appreciate it (CORNY, I KNOW).

Lately, I've been revisiting (AND RE-LOVING):



Life In Your Way - The Sun Rises and the Sun Sets... (2003)



The Appleseed Cast - Low Level Owl - Volumes 1 and 2 (2001)



Armor for Sleep - Dream to Make Believe (2003)



Bear Vs. Shark - Right Now, You're In the Best of Hands... (2003)



Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (2002)


Now this is not to say there aren't a few exceptions to this. Secret Secret Dino Club has been blowing up my itunes lately. If you think you'd like a mix of The Rocket Summer, HelloGoodbye, and Snoop Dogg, then go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment