Friday, September 11, 2009

fun. - Aim and Ignite



I never write music reviews. Ever. I don't know enough technically to pull something apart or give it the correct compliments.
So we're going to do this in my language: butt shakes, foot taps, and head bobs.

Being super optimistic and fun-loving (no pun intended), I love a wide variety of happy-sounding or positive-message-carrying music. Think Andrew WK, HelloGoodbye, Good Clean Fun, The Rocket Summer, and most pop punk. If it's happy, I like it (OH, that new Black Eyed Peas song, I Gotta Feeling, too.).

Well fun's first album fits in there like a glove. In fact, it kind of sounds like a grown-up trip to Disney World. I've just heard Aim and Ignite for the first time today, and after two rounds through the album I'm humming along and discreetly dancing at my desk.

A big fan of the Format, I knew that this project would be amazing. Aim and Ignite kind of sounds like a natural progression from Dog Problems. It seems to stem from many of the same influences, but is a clear growth (That's as technical as I get).

I absolutely can't wait to see them next week at the Mercury Lounge, because I know it's going to be such a feel-good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment