Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall: Time for All Things Pumpkin!


via SeanieDawg


One of my favorite things about the weather getting chilly and the days growing shorter is the emergence of all things pumpkin! It eases the pain of bulking up on layers and shivering on the way to work.

I've always been excited for apple picking, cider donuts, and crocheting new scarves in the fall, but this year it seems the pumpkin flavored goodies have been dominating!



Starbucks pumpkin spice coffee was probably my first introduction to pumpkin beverages. I had it for the first time four years ago when I came down to Manhattan with my boyfriend to see the Rockefeller tree. Obviously it was memorable.

Well this year is the first year I've discovered pumpkin BEER. I'm really no master of the stuff, but my friend Jerry demanded that I start with the mediocre and work up to Pumking, the ale he deems the winner. So I've sampled a 6-pack here and there, and after tasting about four or five different types, I have to agree, Pumking is clearly the best!



via xlungex


Tonight, I'm tackling pumpkin bread! I just need to pick up the necessary loaf pan and some nutmeg.

There's nothing better than cozying up on the couch (I wish I had a fireplace!) with some hot apple cider and a slice of pumpkin bread. Ok and maybe some pumpkin ale as well. Scarf-in-progress in hand. Adorable Rambo and Holly Hox chasing around the yarn on my lap.

I love fall.

Am I missing any amazing pumpkin flavors? Ice cream? Dip? Send me a recipe and I'll make it and review it!

No comments:

Post a Comment